Convert to FLAC is a BASH shell script, and was originally written for use under Linux. It should, however, run under any OS that supports BASH.
Convert to FLAC currently supports the following input formats:
- Apple Lossless (ALAC) - requires alac and mp4info (for metadata) binaries
- FLAC (eg., for transcoding to a different compression ratio)
- Meridian Lossless Packing (MLP) - commonly found on DVD-Audio and Blu-ray discs; requires
- Monkey's Audio (APE) - requires mac and apeinfo (for metadata) binaries
- Shorten - requires
- True Audio (TTA) - requires
- WavPack - requires
- Windows Media Audio Lossless (WMA) - requires
You can find the script on LegRoom.net and GitHub.